Wednesday, May 8, 2013
January 21, 2013
Hey Familia mia!
Well I was going to send a picture, but I guess my patience is not compatible with this dinosaur computer haha. So... sorry. But I have had a WEEK.
First story. Last Sunday or Monday, I started to have some really serious chest pain that killed! It was really bad during the day and at night it kept me up, rolling around to find a comfortable spot (No worries I am totally good now). I decided to call the mission nurse, and he told me that it was probably just gas (okay.....) and told me to drink lots of water and eat a better diet. So after two days of no change, I called him again and told him that it definitely was some stubborn gas... He told me to go to the doctor, so we went and waited, and eventually talked to someone. The doctor came in, asked me what was wrong, I told him and then he told me to lay down on the bed. I wait somewhat uncomfortably as he gives me the chest frisk, and then he writes something on his clip board, looks up at me and says, "Che! es muscular!" which translated is "Bro! its muscular!" So he tells me to wait, then follow him to another room where some lady puts that little clip on my finger that measures my pulse or whatever. Then a different lady comes in, tells me to follow her to another room and to wait outside. I wait for a little bit, and then the doors open and a very old lady comes shuffling out and the doctor inside calls for "Will-yuns???" I enter we greet and he tells me I am going to have a shot. I say okay and wait and then he points at my rear end. So I finally understand, and get on the bed and awkwardly unfasten my broken pants. He tells me that I am going to feel a pinch and then he pushes the plunger. And then my left nalga hurt the rest of the day, but the problem never went away. So my companion, later that night says, its probably just gas and that he wants to try something that he always used to do with his dad whenever he had bad gas, so I consent because I have already tried professional medical help and hadn´t seen any results yet. You will all have to wait to see the pictures and video we took, but know that it involved a jar, rubbing alcohol, a lighter and cotton.... moving on. The mission nurse told me that it was just stress when I called him the next day (day 5 for those of you keeping track at home). He went on to assure me that the Lord was proud of me, my family still loved me and that he thought I was a great missionary. He also told me to vision some place nice like the mountains or the beach, and try to calm down. He then hurriedly told me to not include any girls in these day dreams haha. All these things were really nice and kind, but it didn´t have anything to do with my pain, which by this time had lowered to my stomach. So I was pretty stressed this week for like two days because nobody could tell me what was happening. But now I feel totally normal, so I am not worrying about it. I probably ate something bad is all.... Anyway, that is story 1
Story 2. Yesterday we arrive to lunch after church with Rosa. She doesn´t allow us to call her Hermana, or say gracias, amongst other certain rules in her house. Really nice lady and her kids are great too. Anyways she tells us about the fight that two of her dogs got in at the beginning of the week and how one of them hadn´t moved much since. We went outside to go see it and lets just say that this dog LOST the fight. He was lying down panting and not moving at all (probably had something to do with the worms in the hole that the other dog made in his head). It was going to die but at that moment was suffering a lot. Rosa didn´t know what to do and she was really worried about it. My companion kindly said to her, "Rosa why don´t you go inside, close the windows and the curtains and we´ll take care of this." So after volunteering us, she went inside and we took care of it. It was kind of an awkward lunch... Rosa was thankful though and Rex was no longer suffering so it was a win win...win.
Story 3 We went to one of the apartments in our zone and surprised them by showing up at 6:30 in the morning because 3 of the 4 missionaries were having trouble getting up on time, so we did exercises with them and then made them breakfast.
Story 4 In Mendoza, they have something called the Vendimia, and its to celebrate the grape harvest. But the biggest part about it is the Vendimia queen. Every city elects a queen from within its citizens (usually the most beautiful, tallest, etc). We recieved a reference from a member to her niece and her family who was the Reina (Queen) of Rivadavia in 2012. I had definitley seen her face plastered all over the place last year when I was in Godoy Cruz and so when she answered the door, I was half ready, and half star struck (like i don´t know meeting Jack Nicholson or something). Well we talked for a little bit and her and her boyfriend both listened to us and liked what they heard. They accepted baptismal challenges, and we have an appointment with the whole family on wednesday and I am WAY excited! I feel confident that they will actually make it to baptism
Anyway, these are the highlights of this week. We also had interviews today and so PDAY is tomorrow, but President told us to write today so... Well, love ya guys. I am good. I hope you are all doing great too.
Elder Daybell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment