Wednesday, May 8, 2013

April 15, 2013 Hey Mom! I kinda just want to write you because you are so loyal to writing every week and then I send back a big mass message. So my family letter will be a little shorter.... this is for you! I am doing really good. I really like my area and my comp. For the most part, there are people and families to baptize here and I am confident that we will do that in the next coming weeks. I had a pretty fun interview the other day. I had to give a baptismal interview to a 78 year old man named Jorge and tell you hhwwwhat, (accent on the "h" sound in what), Satan did not want this guy baptized! most interruptions to an interview ever! phone calls, surprise visits from family and other, etc... anyways, I did the interview in 2 parts and basically kicked out one of his buddies so that I could finish the interview so he could be baptized yesterday. Anyways, one of the interview questions has to do with crimes. Like if they every committed a crime of any kind and if they are on probation or in trial for anything else right now.... I asked him and he thought about it and first said that the only crime he committed was divorcing his wife..... sad. And then the second crime came out. It was so funny and just so old-man-like. He got quiet and looked into space and said...."when I was about 7 years old, my mother asked me to change a light bulb and so I got a latter and went to work. When I looked down, I saw that there was 15 cents on the window sill and thinking that someone else had abandoned them, I took them and went out and had a feast of candy. Then that night, my mother asked father if he had taken the 15 cents (15 cents would buy you a kilo of sugar back in MY day!) then I realized that I had taked them... I told them and papá helped me to learn that robbing is very bad. Since then I haven´t taken anything that isn´t mine." I chuckled and then we finished the interview. He got baptized on Sunday. I really like being a Zone leader because I get to interview a ton of people to get baptized and I have heard some things you know? But it has been really good. I don´t necessarily have as much time to work in my area anymore, but I am glad to help other elders have success. I like training missionaries, so that's why I want to work in the MTC. can we go to the temple when I get back in the Manhattan temple? like while I am still a missionary? Also, I hope you guys aren´t planning any big meal or anything because I would love to just go home and eat a meal of delicious fuity pebbles.... like 2 or 3 boxes? Puede ser che? Anyways, enough about those things. My comp is going home in 3 weeks and he is still working really well and being a good missionary. I appreciate that because sometimes missions are ended kind of crashed and burned. But mine won´t be like that. Anyways mom, I love you a ton and I am so thankful for your letters and constance-ness? for being constant haha. English is definitely not my first language anymore haha. The sad thing is neither is Spanish haha. Well Love you a ton and I will write ya next week. Elder Daybell

No comments:

Post a Comment