Wednesday, May 8, 2013
April 15, 2013
Hey fam!
This week was really awesome! We set a really high goal for baptisms this month (16.... all of you serving or who have served in Mexico can now do the nelson "ha-ha") and we had names ready for almost half of them. Like we all had at least one or two people who could be baptized this month, and so we put our faith to the test and agreed that we would find families. So we worked way hard this week to find some really awesome, ready families and almost every area found one! the only problem is no all of them came to church, so baptism is pretty much out of the question for a few of them for this month. May is going to be a great month though. There were also some miracles like... a few fathers from part member families randomly told the elders that they wanted to get baptized now haha!!! SO loco! I love it. Elder Crawford and I have been all over the place this week interviewing and doing companion exchanges. We are 9 companionships, and so its a really big zone. We have ALL of the city of Mendoza, and all of Las Heras and some other little parts. We also have the temple plot in MY area! We are going to go see it some p-day soon. I am way stoked to see it.
Anyways, I was reading a lot from the Book of Mormon this week and got through the missions of Ammon and Aaron and Alma. I love Alma 26.. I think its one of my favorite chapters. It talks about the pure joy of the missionaries that were used in the Lord´s hands to bring sinners to repentance and into the loving embrace of the Lord. I feel the same about the people that I have been able to meet here. I haven´t baptized the whole state of Mendoza or anything, but the people the Lord sent us to are some excellent saints that gave up all thier sins to know the Lord. They are and were willing to give up material possessions in order to follow the Lord and I can not be more pleased and full of happiness for my association with them.
So the work continues, and lives are changed. Miracles are the natural result of the application of true eternal principles.
Be faithful. Love you guys.
Elder Pequeño (thats my new name in this branch.... it means tiny or small)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment